Why St. Louis is a Mess
Just some random examples of the mess we are in.
1. New mayor Tashaura Jones is elected, crime is at an all time high, and she wants to cut police budget.
2. The same mayor is trying to end support to the Foundary Project which is one of the few new projects in St. Louis and had already received city support. This decision makes no sense and puts ideology over practicality.
3. Metro Link, our light rail system is a haven of crime. Bi state which runs Metro Link won’t let cops carry guns while patrolling the trains. Furthermore, the three police departments who do this patrolling cannot communicate with each other over their respective radios.
4. There are concrete barriers blocking lanes on many of the streets in the downtown. Why? Because bad guys had been racing cars.
5. The covid vaccination program at the Dome was a big bust because we can’t get people from the black community to come down and get shots.
Written by Paul Dribin