More shootings drug dealings etc in and around Metrolink. People are afraid to ride it. I was correct in predicting Metrolink would be an albatross for the region. When are the leaders going to do something?
I have a very good perspective on St Louis having grown up in Chicago and living here for 21 years. In spite of itself, St Louis is a great place to live. The culture and restaurants are first class. It is a great sports town and housing is quite affordable. You can get anywhere fairly quickly.
Why have things not taken off here. There are several reasons
1. Racism. Most of the other problems, crime, education, jobs, and dysfunctional government come from or racist traditions
2. Crime. People around the country hear about crime in St. Louis and don’t want to move here.
3. Education. Many school systems are still a mess
4. Cronyism. By cronyism I mean the strong tendency of people from St. Louis to pick there high school friends for key jobs and not consider outsiders.
5. Dysfunctional government. This speaks for itself and is related to the other problems.
We know what it takes to correct these issues. We have had lots of studies. Do we have the leadership and political will to make the changes? Written. By Paul Dribin